Saturday, April 01, 2023

I HATE SHOPPING! I NEED MORE BANANAS!

  PREFACE

Grocery shopping is the one shopping I hate most. But any shopping that entails me going to a place, parking, walking in, walking around until I find the thing(s) I want/need, taking them to the register, walking back to the car. Driving home. Then taking my purchases in the house and putting them away. WAY TOO MUCH WORK!

STORY

There are two kinds of people, hunters and gatherers. It is said (taught) that these life chores were divided between the men and women of the tribe in prehistoric times. Men hunted. Women gathered. Men brought home the meat, fowl, or fish. Women brought home the side dishes; fruits, nuts, vegetables, and grains(?). It is said that prehistoric people didn't eat grains until farming was introduced, and that was when ailments/illnesses began. I'm not here to debate that.

I would like to know definitively if ONLY men hunted. Were there women that didn't want to gather. They didn't want to forage around going through countless choices until they found just what they wanted (usually the first thing they looked at!). Women that saw what they wanted, chased it, killed it, and brought it home! They walked in the cave, threw it down in front of their man & grunted, "cook!" And of course, the man had been waiting there with the kids, cleaning the cave, and telling the stories of our people. (HA!) 

I have never understood the "shopping" ritual. When I went to the "Mall," I would park as close to the store I wanted something from, walk in, find it (kill it), buy it, go back to my car and drive home. I didn't roam around the store for hours, buying nothing. Going to another store and roaming around. Wandering the Mall in a zombie stupor, buying Fro-Yo, having my ears pierced, and then coming home with the ONE thing I wanted/needed!

CONCLUSION

When the Internet introduced "online shopping" I had found my Nirvana. You mean to say I can sit at home, look for what I want/need, order it, and it will come to my front door! This is heaven! 

Now I hunt online. No one can judge me. No one can tell me I should look around a while and see what I might want to buy that I didn't even know I wanted. The hunted items lay down in front of my door and wait for me to retrieve them. Life is good.

Time to order groceries! I need more bananas! Death to the Malls!

No comments: