Monday, April 03, 2023

MONDAY, WHAT DID I DO?

 PREFACE

One of the advantages to being retired is that no one expects anything of you. You don't have to set an alarm to get up. You don't have a job, coworkers, and a boss waiting for you to be a specific place, at a specific time. Retired means you've done your work (for the MAN) and you're done. It also means that if you aren't careful, you forget what day it is, or worse, what you did on any specific day!

STORY

It is actually Thursday morning, EARLY! 4:23 a.m. when I'm writing this post. I unceremoniously promised myself (in my  head) that I would try to post once a day for the entire month of April (2023). That lasted two days! Now I'm trying to think back to Monday and what the f*ck I did all day. I do remember getting Chick-fil-A salads for Toni and me for dinner (since they are cancelling my side salad that I get all the time on April 4th!). I got 4 side salads to last two nights, just in case I didn't get back before they were gone for good! This happens all the time to me.

I have had so many products that I LOVED cancelled on me through the years that I'm just shell-shocked about it. The BEST laundry detergent, YES, was pulled off shelves or sold out and not reordered until I could only get it at Albertson's (the last bastion for misfit products). This detergent could get stains out even if the clothes had been washed and dried! Put a little on, let sit, then wash & dry...stain(s) gone! Small Miracle shampoo & conditioner was THE BEST HAIR PRODUCTS...EVER! Maidenform underwire bras...the best! Off the market! Glamour Chantilly underwire bras...the best! Off the market! Avenue brand underwire bras...the best! Off the market! There are others that I can't think of at the moment, but each time it's been one product that I LOVE and fits my needs perfectly. WTF?

CONCLUSION

WTF? It's the Damn Marketing People that change things just to change them. They fix things that don't need fixing so companies can charge more money. Dawn Dishwashing Detergent has been around for 40 years and is an excellent degreaser. They use it to clean wildlife when there's an oil spill! It's gentle. You don't need to use a lot to get the job done. It's cheap. So what to they do? They make it stronger at cutting grease...WHAT?? Now you only need half as much to do the same job (I cut it with water 50/50!) Not good enough for them, let's make it FOAM!! NO! How about turning the bottle upside-down?? NO!! It's not ketchup! It runs fairly quickly when you turn it upside-down. There is no need to change it's bottle, it's fragrance, it's form (foam!), or it's concentration. IT WORKS IN IT'S ORIGINAL FORMULA JUST FINE! If they would only stop changing things just to substantiate their jobs!! RANT OVER!

No comments: