Thursday, March 11, 2021

SPRING FORWARD 2013

 

PREFACE


This is a "memory" post from Facebook that came up today. I figured I'd publish it here and now, just to keep it alive in my blog, if not in my mind.

STORY
MARCH 10, 2013:
I am immobile on the couch, with my computer next to me, listening to Spotify radio based on 80s music (Don Henley specifically), my marigolds sitting outside in the dark waiting for me to come out and "finish already!"...my stomach growling, and I really need to go to bed early tonight to take my car in to be worked on at 8AM! I love that the time has sprung forward but I wish I hadn't stayed out partying until 2AM and witnessed the change! (No, I really don't...I had a good time!)
I'm not complaining, just wondering what to do next. I guess I'll put away my gardening stuff for tomorrow...eat something relatively healthy...NOT watch "Rock of Ages" tonight...play a little Gardens of Time...go to bed & set my alarm. I really hate waking up by an alarm (so unnatural).

CONCLUSION
I remember what it was like to live alone. To have a house to myself. To be accountable to no one. I'm not sure if I was teaching at this time in the year of 2013. My last classes were taught in August of 2013. So spring semester might have been over, but probably not, since we usually ended classes at the end of April, beginning of May (then graduation at the end of May). I really miss teaching.

No comments: